Monday, March 2, 2009

Baby Capes for Warmth!

I ran across a fantastic new design for children's warmth when traveling. This one hits close to home, because I usually either opt for a jacket in the car, so that I don't have to adjust straps for winter coat bulkiness, or I adjust the straps and end up re-adjusting them several times in the process! Living in South Dakota, something like this would be very nice to have on hand. These are absolutely adorable, and if God blesses us with another baby someday in the future, I will hopefully be investing in one of these as a baby gift.

This is the web Blog that I found this at: http://www.mommadethat.com/2009/02/bapycapes-review-giveaway.html On the BLOG it says, "Well, let me share some information with you:
  • Simple design is quick and easy to put on and take off
  • Overlapping back flap allows easy access to car seat straps
  • Can be put on or removed while child stays secure and undisturbed
  • Easily used without altering car seat, stroller or front carrier straps
  • Covers more of child's body and extremities for warmth
  • Child stays warm without feeling confined
  • Front cozy for tucking in babies' feet or older children's hands
  • One size fits newborn to preschooler
  • Super soft, luxurious fabrics
  • Machine wash and dry
I believe the best, and most important, feature about this product is being able to buckle my child into his car seat, without a big coat on, and just placing the cape over everything. According to the National Highway Transportation Authority, you should "always remove bulky clothing or blankets before you place your child in the seat." The Babycape makes it much safer for your child to travel by car during the cold months, which, alone, makes it worth the $39*-$59* investment. I tried it out on a cold day and it took little effort to buckle my son into his seat, and then drape the Babycape over him. Not only was he super warm and safe, but he looked adorable!
Babycapes are assembled in the USA, and are made of super soft fabrics. I love the suede on the outside of my Babycape, and the inside fabric is so warm and cozy-it's like having your favorite blanket wrapped around you! There are three fabrics to choose from-Minky Sherpa Suede (heaviest weight), Minky Marshmallow (softest fabric), and Minky Cuddle (lightest fabric). There are two slits in the front of each cape for older babies or toddlers to have their hands free, which worked well for my son to drink his bottle and play with toys while sitting in his car seat. One size fits all, so you don't need to buy a winter coat for years! That, too, is worth the investment." Thanks MOMS MADE THAT BLOG!!!

Be sure to check it out, it looks like such a fantastic investment!!!

3 comments: