Friday, November 28, 2008

Body Language

"If you are driving your car and your oil light turns on, you wouldn't say, 'my oil light's on; I need to get my oil light to go off.....I'll unscrew the bulb. Ah, now the oil light is no longer illuminated.' You haven't solved the problem, have you? You've got rid of a symptom. The oil light is no longer there, but the reason the light went on is still there....If you have a headache, you shouldn't say, 'Let me eliminate the pain of the headache.' You should ask yourself what's causing your body to do that, and find the cause. When you do this, you are addressing the root cause of the problems and not just treating the symptoms." taken from Kevin Trudeau's Natural Cures , pages 112-113

When we had our second child, she was sick for the first 9 months of her life with ear infections, low blood sugar levels and oxygen levels, RSV, & sinus infections. All the while, her body was talking to us, and we didn't know how to listen. Instead of trying to figure it out, we did as everyone else we knew did: took her to the doctor and gave her antibiotics as the doctors prescribed. Why then, did she seem to get worse? Her screaming fits went from an hour of colic in the early evening, to screaming from 11:00 pm-4:00 am, when she usually passed out from exhaustion. What were we doing wrong, and why was God allowing this to happen to us?

So, I took the next step. I cleaned our house with abrasive cleaners, thinking I could kill the "germs" that she was exposed to. I started to use bleach in washing all of her clothing and bedding. Again, instead of getting better, she seemed to be getting worse, and I started having headaches, and sore neck muscles every day as well. "It must be because I'm carrying more laundry baskets up and down our stairs, with doing laundry more often." I told myself. I asked my husband to start carrying them for me, but that didn't seem to stop the body aches, so I wrote it off as being stressed.

I remember one night in particular, that our daughter screamed for hours with a high fever so I took her to the ER. Maybe if I caught her in the middle of a screaming fit while at the doctor's office, they could give us some answers. All I got was a "Sorry, there's nothing I can find wrong with her, other than her fever. Do you hold her too much?" Hhhhmmm, not exactly what I was looking for! When we got home, I cried out to the Lord saying "God, I cannot do this anymore, I have no clue what to do with her, and you know her best. Please help me!"

God answers our prayers in his timing....not ours. He wanted me to hand it ALL over to him, including our beloved daughter. The next day, my aunt told me I should seek out a natural health practitioner...so I did! The lady who owns Health by Choice, told us the first step was to stop using chemicals in our laundry, and instead put vinegar in as a natural disinfectant. I was apprehensive, but I listened because I had handed it all over to God, leaving no room for judgement on my part.

Our 9 month old slept through the night for the first time in her life, and my headaches lessened. She had one more ear infection after that initial natural health consultation, but we used no antibiotics, and instead used an essential oil, homeopathic remedies, heat compressions, and herbs. We have not been to the doctor in over 2 years with another sickness, illness or infection.

What essential oils, homeopathic remedies and herbs help your body with is support. They will not fully get rid of all your symptoms, because when you have a "symptom", it is simply a sign that your body's natural defense mechanism is working properly and there's some sort of "trigger". So, instead, you need to figure out the source or reason behind the symptom. Remember, God gives us resources for dealing with symptoms, but we make our own decisions as to what "symptoms" we choose to deal with (foods, chemicals, etc) by what we do and where we go each day. Everyone has different symptoms to "invaders" because our bodies are all different, but the smaller the person, the more they are generally effected by something.

Our 9 month old had food and chemical allergies. She needed help in developing digestive enzymes to be able to digest foods and break down chemicals. We started her on DIGESTAZON drops (by Amazon Herbs) and ACIDOPHILUS to increase the good bacteria in her intestines. There were several immediate changes (no screaming, not eating as often, no more ear infections, etc.) and yet some problems have taken longer to work out of her system.

Love in Christ, Sack-n-soul sister

******The information in this BLOG is strictly for educational purposes. It should not be used to treat, diagnose, or prescribe for a condition you feel you may have. If you have any health concerns, you should see a competent medical practitioner. ******

No comments:

Post a Comment